• Use pipes, fittings and solvent cements manufactured by Finolex Industries for best results.
• Installation should be completed as per instructions and recommended safe practices must be followed.
• Clean the pipe and fittings with a clean dry cloth to remove any dirt.
• Keep pipe and fittings in the original packaging until needed.
• In case any crack is found in the pipe, cut a minimum of 25mm length beyond the edge of the crack.
• Cut the pipe as square or perpendicular as possible before making a joint.
• Ensure no sharp edges are in contact with the fittings surface while inserting the pipe.
• Ensure proper alignment of pipe and fittings to avoid stress on the joints.
• Ensure installation is done in such a way that there are no chances of air entrapment.
• Use only teflon tape as a thread sealant.
• Always conduct hydraulic pressure testing after installation to detect any leaks and faults.
• Wait for the appropriate cure time before pressure testing. Fill lines slowly and allow air to escape from the
system prior to pressure testing.
• Paint pipes exposed to sunlight with a water-based paint.
• Provide additional support to the brass side of ASTM/brass transition or other for keeping any heavy object to
support the weight of the metal system.
• Do not use metal hooks or nails to support/hold or put pressure on the pipes.
• Do not use straps and hangers with rough or sharp edges. Do not tighten the straps over the pipes.
• Never expose the pipe to open flame while trying to bend it.
• Do not drop pipes on edges from heights. Do not drop heavy objects on pipes or walk on pipes.
• Do not use air or gases for pressure testing.
• Do not use any other petroleum or solvent-based sealant, adhesive, lubricant or fire-stop material on ASTM
pipes & fittings.
• Do not use ASTM pipes and fittings for pneumatic applications.
• Do not use the ASTM piping system to support any metallic components.
• Do not use ASTM solvent cement that exceeds its shelf life, has become discoloured or has gelled.
CERTIFICATIONS & APPROVALS
• ASTM Pipes and Fittings are manufactured as per ASTM D 1785 and ASTM D 2467.
• Heavy Pressure Plumbing Pipes are manufactured conforming to IS 4985 (Bureau of Indian Standards).
• Tested & approved by CIPET & SGS laboratory.
• Recommended by leading plumbing consultants pan India.